Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Growin' and Learnin'


We've been having some great days this June, despite the recent heat wave. Audrey continues to pick up new words (like Go Cubs Go) and sounds (rar for lion, wak wak for duck, ruf ruf for dog, woo woo for train, brum brum for car, etc.). Most exciting of all, today out of the blue she walked a dozen steps from our living room down the hall to our bedroom all by herself.

When I'm home we spend our days playing in the cool basement or outside in her wading pool. In the evenings we go on walks around the neighborhood with Sophie. Mike and I play our favorite game, "We would buy that house," along with our second favorite game "Sheesh, mow your lawn!"

Finally, I can tell Audrey's little mind and body are going through some big developments, because she has been sleeping a lot. I have really been enjoying the last week or so of sleeping in until 8, 8:30, even 9 a.m. a couple of times. I will be sad when this phase ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment