Saturday, December 4, 2010

Enjoying a Winter Wonderland

We woke up Saturday morning to a few inches of fluffy snow--our first of the year. We bundled up Audrey for her first experience walking around in the white stuff. She was pretty game.
She even took it upon herself to help Mike clean the snow off the van.

Saturday evening, Elgin had its Christmas tree lighting downtown. Audrey was enthralled with all of the big kids playing around in the snow, loved hearing the children's choir, and enjoyed seeing the lights.

At the end of the day, Audrey was content to curl up with a stuffed snowman after a big meal of pizza.
On a side note, Audrey has been entering a defiant phase, but before I can get too frustrated with her, she reminds me that the majority of the time she's working hard to please us/amuse us. Case in point: Mike and I have been encouraging Audrey to say "Help" instead of whining when she needs something, and it started really paying off this week. She's been consistently saying Help without us prompting her and before resorting to whining. We're so proud!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweetie! She just looks like so much fun! Hope you guys are enjoying the Christmas season. And I love your tip about asking Audrey to say "help." I'll have to remember that. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete