I'm returning to work full time next week, so on my last Tuesday at home with Audrey, we made a special excursion just the two of us to the Rockford Discovery Center, a neat little children's museum. In fact, we stayed there much longer than I thought we would. The museum had a large area dedicated to kids under 6. Besides that, several exhibits in the larger portion of the museum grabbed Audrey's interest, as well. I wish the museum was a little bit closer, so we could go more often. But the 45 minute drive was well worth it for the special day.
I took a bunch of pictures, which can be seen at
www.flickr.com/thewetzels. But you'll get the gist with the photos below.

Fun at the water works in the Tot Zone. As you can see, we had the place pretty much to ourselves.

Audrey of course found a baby doll at the play house in the toddler exhibit area and carried it around everywhere. She cried when I made her put it back before we left.

Audrey also did not want to get down from driving this construction truck. It's a good thing it was not crowded, so she wasn't taking any other kid's turn.
More fun with water. The museum also had a large outdoor water table that we spent some time playing in.
No comments:
Post a Comment